Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Quotes of the day

I feel like I’m playing whack-a-mole.--Scott Sumner

Scott reminds me of Mace Windu.  And now that I think about it, certain Keynesians remind me of droids (ones who obviously fail the Turing Test).--Cav

The SOPA blackout: Wikipedia, Reddit, Mozilla, Google, and many others protest proposed law.32
  Two new laws proposed by US legislators, the Stop Online Piracy Act and Protect IP Act, have been attracting a very negative reaction from the web community over the past couple of months, which is today culminating in a day of protests. Aiming to curtail copyright infringement on the web by giving the US government unprecedented new powers, both SOPA and PIPA have been rejected as overreaching and unhelpful laws that cannot coexist with a free and open internet.--Vlad Savov

Image links here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment