Monday, October 03, 2011

Hey, Wall Street protestors?

Who do you think is destroying jobs? And who is creating them?

Hint: You may have to dig a little deeper than watching Jon Stewart.  Maybe brush up on your James Buchanan (the economist, not the President).

I'd hire one of you myself, but the uncertainty of legislation, stationary tax rates and fiscal policy prevents me from taking this risk and thus compromising the interests of my shareholders.  And you better be able to do some basic regression and covariance analysis for me, and have a good employment track record over the last few years, volunteer jobs included (even welcomed).

UPDATE:  Mayor Bloomberg has some easy-to-read thoughts as well, for those of you who trade at The Daily Show level of sophistication.

No comments:

Post a Comment