Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Jake Tapper, bona fide journalist

TAPPER: And Sestak -- several months ago, I asked you, on February 23rd, if you could find out more about what Sestak said about the White House making him an offer to not run. And I know that in March you said whatever conversations have been had or not are problematic. But I'm wondering, since this has become an issue in Congressman Sestak's campaign and will likely be -- continue to be an issue, if you could -- if you want to put it to rest right now, what exactly was the conversation?

GIBBS: I don't have anything to add to what I said in March.

REPORTER: But you never -- you never really explained what the conversation was.

GIBBS: And I don't have anything to add today.

TAPPER: But if the White House offers a congressman a position in the administration in order to convince that congressman to not run for office...

GIBBS: I don't have anything to add to that.

REPORTER: But you said a number of times that you would get something for us on that.

(CROSSTALK)

GIBBS: Well, and -- and I did. And I gave that answer in March. And I don't have anything to add to that.

TAPPER: But do you really think the American people don't have a right to know about what exactly the conversation was?

GIBBS: I don't have anything to add to what I said in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment