Saturday, September 20, 2008

Quotes of the day

Now explain to me how an “auction facility” works when there’s only one buyer.--Josh White

Like a needle needs a vein
Like someone to blame
Like a thought unchained
Like a runaway train
I need your love--Bono

If unusually many airplanes crash during a given week, do you blame gravity? No. Greed, like gravity, is a constant. It can’t explain why the number of crashes is higher than usual. And let me add: This isn’t a morality play. What we’re seeing are the consequences of monetary-policy distortions of interest rates and regulatory distortions of incentives, amplified in some degree by private imprudence, not the consequences of blackheartedness.--Josh White

Don't believe the devil
I don't believe his book
But the truth is not the same
Without the lies he made up
Don't believe in excess
Success is to give
Don't believe in riches
But you should see where I live
I, I believe in love

Don't believe in forced entry
Don't believe in rape
But everytime she passes by
Wild thoughts escape
I don't believe in death row
Skid row or the gangs
Don't believe in the Uzi
It just went off in my hand
I, I believe in love--Bono

No comments:

Post a Comment