Friday, June 24, 2011

Quotes of the day

Apple makes more money from the sale of one Mac than HP does from selling seven PCs.--Matt Richman

Nothing contradicts [Keynesians'] dogma more conclusively than former President Clinton's massive fiscal squeeze. When President Clinton took office in 1993, government expenditures were 22.1% of GDP, and when he departed in 2000, the federal government's share of the economy had been squeezed to a low of 18.2%. . . . And that's not all. During the final three years of the former President's second term, the federal government was generating fiscal surpluses. President Clinton was even confident enough to boldly claim in his January 1996 State of the Union address that "the era of big government is over." President Clinton's squeeze didn't throw the economy into a slump, as Keynesianism would imply. No. President Clinton's Victorian fiscal virtues generated a significant confidence shock, and the economy boomed.--Steve Hanke

I've spent the first half of my life being underestimated.  It used to bother me, now I use it to my advantage - they never see me coming.  And god help the poor soul who ever tells me that I can't do something.  Oh PLEASE tell me that so I can watch the horror and panic on your face when I come out of nowhere and do it better than you.  I've also spent the first half of my life rebelling.  There are rules that were made to keep order and protect people, these are the rules I respect as a citizen and a family man.  But then there are rules that have outlived their usefulness or only exist to protect someone else's entrenched interest or personal fiefdom.  These make me want to smash my guitar and kick an amp off the stage.--Joshua Brown
Photo links here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment