Boston Consulting Group reports that millionaires own 39% of global wealth. That is up from 37% in 2009. When you see that statistic, which way do you interpret it?Call it what you will; just not 'science'.
1. The rich have transferred more wealth from the non-rich to themselves.
2. The rich have created more wealth and kept it all.
3. The rich have created more wealth for everyone and kept most of it.
4. More people have achieved millionaire status.
5. There is not enough information to form an opinion.
6. Asset values went up as the economy improved. Rich people own most assets.
Thursday, June 02, 2011
The data will fit whatever worldview you bring to it
Here is a clever test from Scott Adams: