Friday, September 10, 2010

Quotes of the day

I’m not a businessman, I’m a business, man.--Jay-Z

You might want to cut him a break. Because I almost guarantee you that when he's gone, you'll miss him.--Peter Abraham

... if you want to build and sustain moral authority in our culture, you shouldn’t emulate Barack Obama — you should emulate Oprah Winfrey.--Ross Douthat

To be clear, although it would be largely in my self interest, I am not some right-winger bent on ending social security. In my view, the minimum age must be raised. Dr. Krugman rightly points out that this would put a disproportionate burden on low-income workers, which is why I counter that any age hike must be coupled with means testing, which I prefer to higher taxes. Those on the left that argue that means testing would undermine the popularity of the program are absurd partisans. What is the metaphor? That would be like wearing the wrong color shirt to the wrong neighborhood, getting shot and then freaking out that your shirt is ruined, but not going to the hospital. Neither the right nor left would be thrilled with with an age hike / means testing deal, but that’s what makes a good compromise.--Jason Ruspini

It's not a good sign when the government has to intervene to prevent a run on a bank that is already owned by the government ...--Megan McArdle

No comments:

Post a Comment