Friday, March 28, 2008

Quote of the day

She is concussed. But she is a scrapper, a fighter, and she's doing what she knows how to do: scrap and fight. Only harder. So that she ups the ante every day. She helped Ireland achieve peace. She tried to stop Nafta. She's been a leader for 35 years. She landed in Bosnia under siege and bravely dodged bullets. It was as if she'd watched the movie "Wag the Dog," with its fake footage of a terrified refugee woman running frantically from mortar fire, and found it not a cautionary tale about manipulation and politics, but an inspiration.--Peggy Noonan, on Hillary Clinton
Noonan also quotes blog commenter GI Joe:
Actually Mrs. Clinton was to modest. I was there and saw it all. When Mrs. Clinton got off the plane the tarmac came under morter and machine gun fire. I was blown off my tank and was exposed to enemey fire. Mrs. Clinton without regard to her own safety dragged me to safety, jumped on the tank and opened fire killing 50 of the enemey. Shortly after that a suicide bomber appeared within 5 feet of Mrs. Clinton, she stopped the guards from opening fire on him and took control of the situation. She talked to the man in his own language and got him surrender. She found that he had suffered terribly as a result of policies of George Bush 1. She defused the bomb vest herself and then helped me. Since there was no doctor around and I was in a desperate state she again took control. She stopped my bleeding and saved my life. Chelsea donated the blood. Thankfully we were the same type. I want Mrs. Clinton answering that phone at 3am.
UPDATE: This, via Jon Henke:

No comments:

Post a Comment