Friday, November 02, 2007

Surber reviews Bushonomics

He thinks Dubya is greater than the Gipper:

From the White House:

October saw a net gain of 166,000 jobs.
That’s a net gain of 8.31 million jobs since August 2003 — a 50-month span.
Unemployment remains at 4.7%.
The economy grew 3.9% in the third quarter.
After-tax per capita personal income has risen by 12.7% since Bush became president. That’s an average of $3,800 per person.
The deficit today is at 1.2% of GDP, well below the 40-year average.

Now tell me how the Bush tax cuts just helped the rich. Was it the doubling of the child tax credit or the removal of all federal income taxes for 15 million middle-class taxpayers, er, ex-taxpayers?

It doesn’t bother me if some rich guy gets a tax break. I am more concerned about whether I have a job, or my wife or are three kids. We’re batting 5-for-5. That’s good.

Maybe in 2008, Republicans should stop looking for the next Reagan and start looking for the next George Walker Bush.

UPDATE: Steve Conover on the Lou Dobbs Face.

I sold these down to 1% today:

No comments:

Post a Comment