Friday, November 02, 2007

Matt Mosley with some heartfelt memories of John Weber, Cowboys chaplain

John was an unassuming guy who had a passion for scripture. He shared his faith with players because that's what he was called to do. Knowing the pre-game chapel services were for players only, I asked him if he could sneak me in sometime.

John could've stood on the sideline and watched the games, but he wanted to earn his keep. During the Bill Parcells era, he waited for copies of plays to be printed and then raced them over to the appropriate coaches. He tried to peek at some of the action, but at 5-6, he didn't have the greatest vantage point.

Last night, Romo sent me the following text: "[John] meant a lot to this team and myself. I am happy for him, however, because I know where he went."

And the nice thing is that he left behind good directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment