Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Weekly European Soccer Picks for 12/13/2006

As I said I will post once a week before big soccer days on games that I have money on to try to help increase liquidity and interest in European Soccer. Since posting I have fortunately gone 2-0 by taking the over for the Man U/Man City game (3-1 Man U) and taking the away Derby for the win at Leeds (1-0 Derby). Now tomorrow and Thursday comprise the last round of group play before going on to the knockout stage of the tournament. Now to educate, this is not the same as the Champions league. The Champions league has almost the same kind of format but the Champions league have higher caliber teams due to their final placement in their respective club leagues from the year before. However, in the knockout stage, the third place finishers from group play in the Champions league get to drop down to the knockout stage in the UEFA tourney which spices things up. Alas, here are my picks for tomorrow:

UEFA Group F
In the matchup of Zulte-Waregem v Ajax Amsterdam I have taken the over at 56.5. I like Espanyol to win in the same group but not for the mid-70s.

UEFA Group G
In the matchup between last placed PSG v first place Panathinaikos I have taken the under at 41.5.


Those are my pics for tomorrow where I have money at stake. Let the matches begin!

Update:

English Premiership
I have taken Arsenal for the away win at Wigan for 54.6. Go Gunners!


Final Conclusion for Day's Events:
My posted pics today went 2-1 (posted pics are 4-1 overall). I sincerely apologize for getting the under so wrong, it was in fact my biggest position but a 4-0 win by PSG blew it out of the water. We got lucky with Arsenal's goal in the 88th minute to win and they now move up into 3rd in the standings. There is also another round of UEFA games tomorrow for you to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment