Thursday, December 07, 2006

Morons can appear to be geniuses

Yes, I am in a Scott Adams phase. Maybe if there was some more action in the NCAA.BK space, I could blog about that. But I think this post has univeral appeal:

A) For everyone who wants others to think they are smarter than they really are

B) For everyone who wants to know who the poseurs are

C) Both A and B (this would include me)

Adams says, in four managable steps:

...you need to wear corrective lenses even if your eyesight is perfect

...you must learn to stop talking so much

It’s also good to know a few brainy words that only appear in high-end publications...

...round out your artificial sense of smartness by becoming a fake wine expert


I do recall some ancient wise guy once saying "Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue." He was an antediluvian fellow.



No comments:

Post a Comment