Monday, September 10, 2007

SATs do matter, at least as a signal for successful traders

I was watching Erin on CNBC, and she was interviewing Prof. Haitoa Li, who is faculty at the University of Michigan. He studied hedge fund manager performance, and found that SAT scores are a significant predictor of performance. He even mentioned my alma mater as graduating some "really smart people", which must mean his results are suspect! The paper can be found here--let me know when you discredit it.

As a person who did well on the SAT, but pretty mediocre in trading and many other life dimensions, I never thought SATs predicted much of anything. But at least I'm not negative for the year, like some hedge fund geniuses (who probably edged me in the SATs, too).

Not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment