Thursday, August 12, 2010

Tim Heffernan, constitutional scholar?

Never heard of the guy until I read this bit of wisdom:
Leaving aside any argument against this view, let me suggest that CNN conduct a new poll with the following two questions, so we may define, in raw numbers, how much of this opposition is truly constitutionalist, truly conservative, truly American — and how much is mere xenophobia. I invite Newt, Sarah, Petey the King, Paterson the Quisling, and the staff of the National Review to weigh in.

1. Do you have the right to offend me?

2. Do I have the right to steal your house if you do?


Let me suggest that Mr. Heffernan give some more insights into his own constitutional views, so we know that he really cares about the Constitution and those who swear to defend it.

For instance, do you concur with Stevens, Breyer, Ginsburg, Kennedy and Souter on Kelo vs. City of New London; or do you dissent with O'Connor, Renquist, Scalia, and Thomas? If you dissent, well that is consistent with your view on Cordoba House. If not, please pray tell why!

UPDATE. Actually, I have heard of the guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment