Thursday, August 20, 2009

I didn't even bother applying to MIT

for my engineering education. Now I can get a free crack at it with an internet connection. John Carney's take:
The smartest employers will quickly figure out how valuable it is to hire an applicant who can demonstrate he took all the MIT Sloan Business School courses online, by himself, and mastered them. And ten years from now, no one will know or care whether you got the degree.

Are you a follower or a leader? How you go to business school--paying through the nose or going for free--tells you all you need to know. (Via John Carney).

As a foolish young twentysomething, I was toying with the MBA idea, and saw that Sloan had the highest paid grads. Then, I was recruited by a Sloan professor interested in my price analysis work at Salomon, and he asked me to go.

I have not a single iota of regret for passing on the whole shebang.

No comments:

Post a Comment