Monday, May 05, 2008

Unsecured laptops: the latest case for more limited government

via Jon Henke:
Apparently no policies or procedures which procured and secured laptops that gave the Department a way to keep up with who had them and whether they were secure.

I have to wonder what would happen to the person in the corporation I work for, and which provides me with a laptop, if this same problem existed. Well really I don’t have to wonder, but I do wonder what will happen to the person or persons responsible for this particular mess.

My guess - nothing.

At this point the Department has no idea of where the laptops are, what information has been compromised (and in situations like this, until you know otherwise you have to assume it has all been compromised), or frankly, what to do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment