Monday, July 10, 2006

What's wit TS?

hello, world

If you want to briefly share how you joined TS, please comment.

Back in 2005, I was looking to hedge my golf pool risk. I had heard about Tradesports (TS) from articles and papers that discussed information in markets, and often saw actual TS markets quoted as indicative information. I asked a golf colleagues about TS, and he had opened an account a long time ago, and verified to me that you could put your money in and (most importantly) get your money out. So I opened an account, and started doing a few trades.

Later, I noticed that the chatters at TS would often focus on Dow Industrial Index contracts, and began to join that discussion. After nearly a year of participating in the chat, I thought it might be interesting to blog about. We'll see.

It's definitely too soapy of a melodrama to entertain the way Oliver Stone's Wall Street did a couple of decades ago, but the pit is still full of characters who trade. (Plus a few poseurs who don't trade, but demand everyone to listen to them anyways). There's a dandy dysfunctional dynamic among the regulars, too, a bit like the characters from this old sitcom ...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:15 PM

    Cav, I'm trying to post, not sure if it's working :(, buc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:20 AM

    LOL I've often thought of Cheers as I gaze upon some of the chat in the pit. Nice observation.

    -- dood

    ReplyDelete