Monday, August 08, 2011

Quotes of the day

Always keep what's important close to you.' You can have a million dollars, but if you don't have love, you're broke.--Robert Kraft

People asked me how a person from Glennville, Georgia who went to Savannah State could win three Super Bowls. It's the three D's: dedication, determination and discipline. Don't hope someone gives you an opportunity. Create one for yourself. When I left for Savannah State with two brown grocery bags filled with my belongings, nothing was going to keep me from my dreams. You may not know this: I was never supposed to be a Hall of Famer or a tight end. ... To my brother Sterling: I'm the only player that's walked through this building that can say he's the second-best player in his own family. ... My position coach once asked me why I work so hard. "You're not eating. You're in the gym. You study harder, you practice harder, you have more fun." I said, you don't know what it's like to eat raccoon, opossum, squirrel and turtle. I'm not gonna have to eat that when I become an adult.--Shannon Sharpe

No comments:

Post a Comment