Thursday, December 31, 2009

Quotes of the day

I don’t know the right answer. I don’t even know that it was wrong to do what Jim Caldwell and the Colts did. I can definitely see the other side. I only know that when I saw Peyton Manning stewing on the sideline while the Colts’ undefeated season flushed away, that it FELT wrong. Because, I guess, at the end of the day, if you’re not trying to be perfect … what are you trying to be?--Joe Posnanski
And some choice quotes from Tedy Bruschi, including:
I am going to say something that a lot of people are thinking but aren’t saying: At least the ’07 Patriots had the guts to go for it.




If [playoff bubble teams who need help] didn't want to have to count on us to win games, they shouldn't have lost games. I think we were in the same position last year, where we needed a team to lose, and that was no one's fault but our own. Whenever you are counting on other teams to win for you, you are in a bad situation.--Logan Mankins

The prevailing sentiment within the sport for now is that the owners and players are likely to go through a season without a salary cap in 2010, then will try to negotiate a deal before the 2011 season could be threatened by a work stoppage. --Mark Maske

No comments:

Post a Comment